Author Topic: 1970 plumb crazy rt/se 440 6 pack 4 speed dana car for trade  (Read 14090 times)

Offline tman

Re: 1970 plumb crazy rt/se 440 6 pack 4 speed dana car for trade
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2014 - 12:45:46 PM »
There you go.  Put it up for sale at $40K.  People who respond will ask if you will take a trade or not.  Another thing, at least post the first 5 of the VIN to show if your car is what it is.  Paperwork, VIN, and other numbers on the car help with value particularly to buyers and the seller.  The more info you put in, the less questions asked.  Here are the rules for posting your ad:

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=41461.0

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2014 - 12:46:16 PM »
Figured out the problem here.....

The original poster is not asking us what we think the car is worth.  :nono:

He's simply asking us to figure out what he thinks the car is worth. :dunno:

My apologies. :worshippy
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2014 - 12:50:30 PM »
Figured out the problem here.....

The original poster is not asking us what we think the car is worth.  :nono:

He's simply asking us to figure out what he thinks the car is worth. :dunno:

My apologies. :worshippy
i dont remember asking you anything by the way nice 70 ROADRUNNER you are attempting to restore.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2014 - 12:53:37 PM »
As others have said, by listing a car for sale without a price and saying "we all know what it's worth" is basically asking us to guess what value you think it has. :2cents:

Thank you for visiting my web site. :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline KillerBee

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2014 - 01:05:12 PM »
You've shopped you car around at a few Mopar websites now and when you don't hear what you want on your post you get defensive and angry and start criticizing everyone else....

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=QuestionAnswer&Number=7907030&Searchpage=1&Main=7907030&Words=+71blackdemon&topic=&Search=true#Post7907030

I too think your fishing for a value.

In your post here you state you paid "well under $20k for the car"
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=96431.0

It has also been pointed out that your high dollar car had been wrecked pretty good and the inner fender has been swapped out with an incorrect one.....I have feeling the car was painted black during a big crash repair job.

I would also be suspicious about the bogus dash VIN rivets :clueless:

If I was interested in your car I wouldn't even consider a deal until I had a good look at the underside for damage and/or repair.

Good luck with flipping your car.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014 - 01:11:24 PM by KillerBee »

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2014 - 01:21:58 PM »
You've shopped you car around at a few Mopar websites now and when you don't hear what you want on your post you get defensive and angry and start criticizing everyone else....

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=QuestionAnswer&Number=7907030&Searchpage=1&Main=7907030&Words=+71blackdemon&topic=&Search=true#Post7907030

I too think your fishing for a value.

In your post here you state you paid "well under $20k for the car"
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=96431.0it dont matter what i paid for it and im not fishing for a value im just bored i change  cars like most people do clothes we own 10 mopars now just dont fall in love with them.

It has also been pointed out that your high dollar car had been wrecked pretty good and the inner fender has been swapped out with an incorrect one.....I have feeling the car was painted black during a big crash repair job.

I would also be suspicious about the bogus dash VIN rivets :clueless:

If I was interested in your car I wouldn't even consider a deal until I had a good look at the underside for damage and/or repair.

Good luck with flipping your car.

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2014 - 01:22:45 PM »

"kick rocks" - now that made me laugh at least... :smilielol:
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2014 - 01:28:51 PM »

it dont matter what i paid for it and im not fishing for a value im just bored i change  cars like most people do clothes we own 10 mopars now just dont fall in love with them.and yes it was wrecked but no frame damage only fender and inner fender and slight damage to quarter thats why they were replaced anf it was back when you could not buy aftermarket parts and as far as the ribets he also replaced the dash pad with a better one and anybody is welcome to come look at it and inspect it.

Offline CUDA8U

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2014 - 11:33:16 PM »
 very nice car,I would say the car is worth 20-25k. Because of the rarity it is a gem for sure.In todays cost range for a resto is easily 30k,were at 50-55k now. It would have to have full documentation of its originality to sell in 50k range.

I would be interested for 20k since our dollar is low now. :canada:

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2014 - 11:41:21 PM »
very nice car,I would say the car is worth 20-25k. Because of the rarity it is a gem for sure.In todays cost range for a resto is easily 30k,were at 50-55k now. It would have to have full documentation of its originality to sell in 50k range.

I would be interested for 20k since our dollar is low now. :canada:
no thanks but i appreciate the offer.

Offline a34

• I miss my Cuda's and Challenger.....
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2014 - 11:28:58 AM »
I agree with the guys that say it's a 20-25K car in today's market depending on what a close inspection reveals. One thing I would point out that hasn't been discussed, is how to increase value with little money spent. I think with some elbow grease you can help the value. De-ricky racer the car. Un-hot rod it. Pull the engine, paint it, detail the carbs, put in correct or at least black plugs wire and stock coil back on it, stock valve covers and rad hoses. Those little things will give it a lot of eye appeal, and it's mainly labor. You mentioned you had new carpet, definitely install it. Re-dye anything that needs it. Fix the exhaust tips. Make it look the part of a super nice car with just a color change. The way it looks now, is tired and worn out. Not that that's bad, but it impacts perception which impacts price. Then, put it out there for sale or trade.

I think you get the most money out of a trade, whether you trade up or down. With those things fixed, you could ask for 30K and nego down and still probably come out ahead. Local cruise-ins are your best bet. Find a guy that just "likes" the car. Dealers and guys on the various boards are typically very savvy and won't pay top dollar. You could even say they want something for nothing, but in today's world the guy with 30K cash to drop on a car is still a tough find.

Personally, I like the car. I'd polish it and drive the snot out it. 
Wanted 1969 Charger NOS parts. Whatcha got?

Offline 71blackdemon

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2014 - 11:44:36 AM »
I agree with the guys that say it's a 20-25K car in today's market depending on what a close inspection reveals. One thing I would point out that hasn't been discussed, is how to increase value with little money spent. I think with some elbow grease you can help the value. De-ricky racer the car. Un-hot rod it. Pull the engine, paint it, detail the carbs, put in correct or at least black plugs wire and stock coil back on it, stock valve covers and rad hoses. Those little things will give it a lot of eye appeal, and it's mainly labor. You mentioned you had new carpet, definitely install it. Re-dye anything that needs it. Fix the exhaust tips. Make it look the part of a super nice car with just a color change. The way it looks now, is tired and worn out. Not that that's bad, but it impacts perception which impacts price. Then, put it out there for sale or trade.

I think you get the most money out of a trade, whether you trade up or down. With those things fixed, you could ask for 30K and nego down and still probably come out ahead. Local cruise-ins are your best bet. Find a guy that just "likes" the car. Dealers and guys on the various boards are typically very savvy and won't pay top dollar. You could even say they want something for nothing, but in today's world the guy with 30K cash to drop on a car is still a tough find.

Personally, I like the car. I'd polish it and drive the snot out it.
I appreciate the info very helpful, the only reason i haven't done any of that is i wanted to show how the car was when i pulled it out of the barn just think its cool to see these cars in that state but im going to get started on it as soon as i get my gtx done thanks.

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2014 - 11:52:44 AM »
I DONT NO WHAT IM BEING DISRESPECTFUL ABOUT BUT IM NOT TRYING TO BE IF YOUR TALKING ABOUT WHEN I SAID WE ALL NO WHAT THESE CARS ARE WORTH I JUST MEANT I WOULD NOT TRADE FOR A $10,000.00 DOLLAR CAR SORRY.

Really no need to start yelling!   :grinno:

Offline Imchallenged

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2014 - 02:05:24 PM »
If a running/driving matching number V code is only worth 20 - 25 K.
then it follows IMO that a Rt in the same shape with  a 340 must only be worth 8 - 10K?

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2014 - 02:27:51 PM »
If a running/driving matching number V code is only worth 20 - 25 K.
then it follows IMO that a Rt in the same shape with  a 340 must only be worth 8 - 10K?

You're a little low, I would say a 340 or 383 car in similar condition would be around $12K-$17K . They never made a 1970 R/T Challenger with a 340, so if you're referring to a 71, then that is a whole different ball game.

This car in question as it sits as a project car would be in the $25K range, as a cleaned-up driver, it would fetch a bit more maybe in the $30K range.

Don't forget...The V code 70 Challenger ( R/T & RT/SE)  is the highest production number of a V code E Body ever made and FC7 is the highest production paint colour for those cars. Production numbers = desirability and value :2cents:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014 - 03:21:20 PM by anlauto »