Author Topic: Pics of Floor Wiring Covers Installed  (Read 1432 times)

Offline cuda346pk

Pics of Floor Wiring Covers Installed
« on: February 05, 2014 - 10:29:23 PM »
I can not find any pics of the floor wiring covers installed in a cuda. Anybody have one. I am referring to the ones that run along floor/rocker area below drivers door under the carpet. When I opened mine up to redo the floor pan the rear one was facing up with the wiring running between it and the door sill area, then the front one was laying flat to floor with wiring between it and the floor. Does that make sense?
David - In Georgia

1972 'Cuda In-Violet 340 6 Pack 4 Speed 3.91 Sure Grip - Finally, after 27 years of waiting and dreaming it is real. Now the fun begins!

Offline shawge

• Zoiks!!
Re: Pics of Floor Wiring Covers Installed
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014 - 11:03:33 PM »
This is my Challenger, the wires went between the cover and the floor/rocker.  The cover folded over the wires and the carpet covered it. The covers broke off on mine so I welded some small hinges in place of the metal tabs.

- Jerry

Offline cuda346pk

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014 - 11:48:50 PM »
This is my Challenger, the wires went between the cover and the floor/rocker.  The cover folded over the wires and the carpet covered it. The covers broke off on mine so I welded some small hinges in place of the metal tabs.

So where both of yours are pointing up in the pic they laid down over wires on both pieces of the cover? Mine had the back one like yours is but the front one would have had the black side up so the wires had to transfer right at the drop in the floor board, did not look right to me.
David - In Georgia

1972 'Cuda In-Violet 340 6 Pack 4 Speed 3.91 Sure Grip - Finally, after 27 years of waiting and dreaming it is real. Now the fun begins!

Offline shawge

• Zoiks!!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014 - 01:00:40 PM »
Yes, the wires went underneath both of the covers.  Wiring should go in a straight shot from the front to the back with the cover over it. 
- Jerry

Offline usraptr

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014 - 09:14:53 PM »
I agree.  My 'Cuda is the same way.  :2thumbs:
1970 Plymouth 'Cuda.  Matching numbers 440 U Code, 4 speed pistol grip, Rallye dash, AM 8 Track, Shaker hood, 15 inch rallye wheels, Dana 60 4.10, Super Track Pak.  One of 134 - 440 "U" coupes codes built in 1970 and one of 100 - 440 Super Track Paks built in 1970.

Restoration pictures at:  http://spanks4thememory.smugmug.com/Cars/70-Cuda/7240639_M24oi#465274575_2MBqW
(Edited 8-1-17)

"usraptr" = United States raptor - bird of prey = United States Bald Eagle.  FYI, somebody else thought of it first so I had to drop the "O" in raptor.