Author Topic: bumper color vs chrome  (Read 1811 times)

Offline cuda lover

bumper color vs chrome
« on: February 08, 2014 - 02:38:23 PM »
sprucing up my 1973 cuda. the front bumper was painted to match the rest of the car. But I don't know if it was chrome originally or colored. the back bumper is chrome.

attached is a picture of the trim portion of the build sheet for the car. I don't know if this helps, I don't know what belt and wag dpt mean and what the number signify.

any help appreciated.

Cuda Lover

CUDA Lover

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
Re: bumper color vs chrome
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014 - 04:55:10 PM »
Your bumpers would have both been chrome from the factory. In 1973 they NEVER had colour-keyed bumpers.

M31 Belt Moldings are the ones on top of your doors
M88 Deck Lid Moldings. M88 also used on Station Wagons (WAG OPT PKG) are the ones on your trunk lid a 1/4 panels at the back of the car.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014 - 04:58:40 PM by anlauto »
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014 - 04:59:28 PM »
You have M21, M26, M31 and M88 which are all the standard trim options on a "Cuda" as apposed to a "Barracuda"
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline cuda lover

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014 - 06:32:36 PM »
Your bumpers would have both been chrome from the factory. In 1973 they NEVER had colour-keyed bumpers.

M31 Belt Moldings are the ones on top of your doors
M88 Deck Lid Moldings. M88 also used on Station Wagons (WAG OPT PKG) are the ones on your trunk lid a 1/4 panels at the back of the car.

thank you both for the reply. the front bumper was painted. I will remove the paint and have them chromed.

Cuda Lover
CUDA Lover