Author Topic: Metro weatherstrip  (Read 774 times)

Offline Rich G

Metro weatherstrip
« on: February 09, 2014 - 11:30:43 PM »
Just wanted to share some info about my weather-strip ordeal on my 71 Cuda. I bought Metro roof rail weather-strip from a vender at  Carlisle and when I was ready to start putting the car together after painting it I was very disappointed that it didn't fit right and would literally fall off. I decided to call Metro and tell them about it and they didn't really have an answer for me and left it at that. About 3 hrs. later I got a call back from them and he said it was bothering him that I had a problem and suggested that it was possible that my car was built with a 70 weather-strip channel because the 70 is a little different and used a different weather-strip. That did make sense to me because when I replaced the floors I had a similar problem there too (seat belt holes in a different location in the rear). I guess this was a very early build with a few leftover parts. Metro did send me the 70 weather-strip and it fit like a glove! It is nice to see that there are still some companies out there that actually care about their product and customers.

Offline ToxicWolf

• Resident
Re: Metro weatherstrip
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014 - 11:37:54 PM »
 :iagree:  I got a full set of Metro weather stripping for my 70 Challenger and the fits were very good.

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014 - 11:46:41 PM »
Just wanted to share some info about my weather-strip ordeal on my 71 Cuda. I bought Metro roof rail weather-strip

). I guess this was a very early build with a few leftover parts. Metro did send me the 70 weather-strip and it fit like a glove! It is nice to see that there are still some companies out there that actually care about their product and customers.

Wait till you try the trunk weatherstrip.
Bet you won't say the same.

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=77626.msg783431#msg783431
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline turbo224

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014 - 11:50:33 PM »
Glad to hear they corrected the problem as I have a set in the mail right now.
~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City

-1971 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk Tribute
-1992 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014 - 10:57:05 AM »
I put Metro roof rail weatherstripping on my '73 and the fit is great.
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.