Author Topic: Southern California electrician?  (Read 629 times)

Offline TRIPLE-GREEN

• Coupe Custom Accessories
Southern California electrician?
« on: February 21, 2014 - 02:19:57 PM »
I think I have come to a point when the old girl needs to just have the electrical system replaced. I have been looking for kits but honestly I was hoping I could find a good electrician in the area of Long Beach or Orange County. Any one have a good one that didn't bend them over to bad on price?

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
Re: Southern California electrician?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014 - 04:14:25 PM »
Is this a problem more than new wiring harness's from Year One, and cleaning up the bulk head connections would cure?

I had my electrical system hacked by a previous owner(moron). The dash lights stayed on, even if the car was off.   :eek7:

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline TRIPLE-GREEN

• Coupe Custom Accessories
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014 - 04:40:24 PM »
Is this a problem more than new wiring harness's from Year One, and cleaning up the bulk head connections would cure?

I had my electrical system hacked by a previous owner(moron). The dash lights stayed on, even if the car was off.   :eek7:

Yeah many of my wires are brittle and the engine bay looks like someone got to the bomb just in time. Many old wires cut and my fuse panel looks like at some point the A/C fried the panel. So I wanted to start over. But finding a good guy to do it is tough. I know many but they charge more for their name then their results.

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014 - 05:03:53 PM »
Order all the new harnesses from YearOne and see what you can handle replacing yourself first :2thumbs:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com