Author Topic: Help- Dash Pad Supplier... Dash Pad Pros ?  (Read 6693 times)

Offline slapshot

Help- Dash Pad Supplier... Dash Pad Pros ?
« on: March 25, 2014 - 09:25:32 AM »
I had tried a dash pad (70 'Cuda) from Roseville but unfortunately it had many issues. Dave was great and refunded my money and mentioned since mine wasn't the only pad that had issues recently he may quit selling these dash pads that he gets from Ultimate rides out of Texas.

Has anyone had any experience with a company called Dash Pad Pros? I contacted them after seeing that they sell Dash Pads on Ebay, the guy said the pads are made by Premier Manufacturing Industry and also out of Texas. They sell pads with either metal or ABS core and apparently supply the ABS versions to Classic Industries, Graveyard Carz and Ecklers. Is it the same dash pad Ultimate Rides sells under a different name?
I am considering a metal core version and was wondering if anyone here has tried one of these dash pads and could provide feedback.
Thanks in advance.

Offline 383DART

Re: Help- Dash Pad Supplier... Dash Pad Pros ?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014 - 02:06:39 PM »
i used superior dash in ohio.fits & look's great. 1972 cuda. :working:

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014 - 02:15:42 PM »
Is it the same dash pad Ultimate Rides sells under a different name?

I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't rule that out. :2cents:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline flagcraig

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014 - 03:16:35 PM »
i used superior dash in ohio.fits & look's great. 1972 cuda. :working:

Do you have a contact and phone number for Superior Dash?

Thanks.

Offline KZ

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014 - 03:42:12 PM »
On the latest episode of Graveyard Carz, they received a fully restored dash pad,  gauges,  wiring etc. it looked gorgeous, can't remember the company but if you watch the show they definitely say the company's name

Offline 73RallyeChallenger

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014 - 05:33:15 PM »
The Graveyard Carz episode.... pretty sure it was "Just Dashes"
73 Triple Black 340 Challenger
70 Plum Crazy T/A Challenger - work in progress (AGAR)

Offline slapshot

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014 - 09:31:20 PM »
I first seen these dashes on ebay from seller "4thepool" http://www.ebay.com/sch/eBay-Motors-/6000/m.html?item=310892277565&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AMOTORS%3A1123&vxp=mtr&_ssn=4thepool
So I contacted the seller to see if they had a website which he gave to me.
On the Dash Pad Pros website, they have the Graveyard Carz banner in the corner http://www.dashpadpros.com
I emailed the Dash Pad Pros website and asked for their contact phone number and was given a cell number- 727-409-7972 belonging to a guy named Tim.
When I called Tim he said they also supply dash pads to Graveyard Carz, Classic Industries and Ecklers from what I understood. He also went on to say their pads were the best and a company called Premier Manufacturing Industry makes them, so I guess Dash Pad Pros is some kind of middle man.
Does anyone know anything about these guys?

Offline Classic1

• Ray Yager - Merchandising Director
    • Classic Industries
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014 - 07:56:09 PM »
I had tried a dash pad (70 'Cuda) from Roseville but unfortunately it had many issues. Dave was great and refunded my money and mentioned since mine wasn't the only pad that had issues recently he may quit selling these dash pads that he gets from Ultimate rides out of Texas.
Has anyone had any experience with a company called Dash Pad Pros? I contacted them after seeing that they sell Dash Pads on Ebay, the guy said the pads are made by Premier Manufacturing Industry and also out of Texas. They sell pads with either metal or ABS core and apparently supply the ABS versions to Classic Industries, Graveyard Carz and Ecklers. Is it the same dash pad Ultimate Rides sells under a different name?
I am considering a metal core version and was wondering if anyone here has tried one of these dash pads and could provide feedback.
Thanks in advance.

For E-Body owners, there are only a few options when it comes to replacement dash pads. We do not offer a rebuilt dash or steel core dash for E-Bodies at this time. The only E-Body dash pads that we currently carry are the reproduction dash pads from Ultimate Rides with the ABS plastic core. We are not aware of any other manufacturer in the industry that currently manufactures a reproduction E-Body Mopar dash. We have sold many of these dashes over the years with good results. There have been some returns, but the rate of return has been fairly low so far. There are also ABS plastic covers or overlays that can be used as an inexpensive lowbuck alternate to complete replacement.

If you do not have a dash to rebuild, you can buy the repro with the ABS plastic core. Otherwise, if you have an original dash pad, you can cover it with an overlay or have your dash rebuilt by one of the few companies still doing dash rebuilds. And, as far as we know, all of the steel core dashes currently in the market are the remanufactured dashes that require either a core return or a core charge. In other words, if they have a steel core, they are a rebuilt dash that has been manufactured on an original steel dash insert. Hopefully this information helps clear up some confusion regarding the brands that we carry. If anyone finds any information to the contrary, please let me know.

Ray Yager - Merchandising Director
Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
www.classicindustries.com
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014 - 08:23:44 PM by Classic1 »
Classic Industries
18460 Gothard Street
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
Toll Free: 800-854-1280
Phone: 714-847-6887