Author Topic: HI-SPEED AUTOCROSS -- JOLIET AUTOBAHN SATURDAY, MAY 5, 2014  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Mopar Mitch

• Autocrosser/Road Course Racer
HI-SPEED AUTOCROSS -- JOLIET AUTOBAHN SATURDAY, MAY 5, 2014
« on: April 29, 2014 - 04:19:28 PM »
As some of you may know, "I'm Back" and will be entering in the Midwest Council of Sports Car Club's Hi-Speed Autocross championship series for 2014.   The first event is this Saturday, May 5, 2014 at the Joliet, Illinois "Autobahn Country Club Raceway"... 2.1 miles south track.

Come on out if you can and let's meet!  Free lunch-time track touring ~12:30 (pending time allowance by the club).

Sunday, May 6, 2014, I will likely be the official "PACE CAR" for the W2W road races held all day.

www.mcscc.org   see shedule or registration for more info.

Event Flyer... see all pages which INCLUDES road course map!  http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.ShowFlyer?psevent_id=14601
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014 - 04:23:39 PM by Mopar Mitch »
Autocross/road racers go in deeper... and come out harder!

See  MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, AUGUST 2006 ISSUE for featured article and details on my autocross T/A.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
Re: HI-SPEED AUTOCROSS -- JOLIET AUTOBAHN SATURDAY, MAY 5, 2014
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014 - 11:46:22 PM »
That sounds like a blast!

Are you going to get any video from the road course?

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline blown motor

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014 - 08:35:48 AM »
Good luck with the season.
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline Mopar Mitch

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014 - 11:36:28 AM »
T/Anks guys... I'd really like to get some video, in-car preferred... wish I had a Go-Pro camera or similar.  I'll post whatever I can.    A few other Mopar friends are coming out... would love to see Mopars on the track with me, even if its just during the lunchtime touring.

See  MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, AUGUST 2006 ISSUE for featured article and details on my autocross T/A.

Offline ToxicWolf

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014 - 11:45:36 AM »
Good luck this year.  We'll be watching.   :bigsmile:

Offline Mopar Mitch

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014 - 11:20:10 AM »
I had a blast all day Saturday...  had 3 ~15 practice sessions in the morning, then 7 timed runs...  won the class.. car handled perfectly and performed great... will post pics soon.   Sunday I was the Pace Car for the W2W races... had some fellow Mopar friends come out to watch Sat/Sun... they want to participate and run their cars in the future.

Next championship points event is Monday, May 26, 2014 at Blackhawk Farms Raceway, just north and west of Rockford, IL (South Beloit, IL).  The club will host an HPDE (lapping) on Sat, May 24, then W2W road racing on Sun, May 25.  I'm planning to only be there on Monday.  Hope to see/meet more Mopar owners!

www.mcscc.org  for more info (see schedule)