Author Topic: A Sweet Encounter with MoparMan440 and his T/A spotted in Naperville, IL!!!!  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Well, I came down for the weekend to Naperville, IL (the home of B*tch N Blue) to check out the sweet progress and help him out a bit.  After a couple phone calls, Mike convinced Gary (MoparMan440) to take a swing out here and check out the B'cuda and so we could see his newly acquired T/A.  After hearing this, all I could think about was, "Man, when am I going to hear this awesome rumble come down the street?"  After a couple sad excuses for Rice buzzed down the street, we finally heard the great rumbling of a 340-6 Pack!!!  (sounded very nice for needing a little tuning on the carbs) :grinyes:  Mike had a couple other friends over at the time, so we all had to stop what we were doing on the '69 to check out the T/A.  You guys have to realize this thing is mostly original and looked very nice even with the couple flaws the previous owner had encountered with it over the years.  About a half an hour to an hour into the conversation, I brought up the sad fact that even though I own a Challenger, I never got a chance to actually get a ride in a functioning one. :'(  Gary had no problem fixing this dilemma. (thanks man!)  He took me out to the main road in Naperville and surveyed the area for cops.  Once that checked out alright, we got positioned on the street and just lit them up in first, second, and a nice churp in third.  WOW!!!  Does that small block have amples of power for being mostly stock! :drool: :drool:  Thanks Gary!!!!! :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005 - 11:02:42 AM by Street_Challenged73 »
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Btch n Blue

Now Gary..... you promised me I could drive it... where's that offer at?!?! :tongue: :tongue: :drool: :drool: :drool: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Thanks for swinging by yesterday... sorry we didn't have the 'Cuda runnin'... gotta fix the problems first... LOL!! :laughing:

Offline MoparMan440

• Drive fast, take chances !
Glad to hear you had fun with the ride !

As for driving the T/A the offer is on the table for both of you ! I'll have that stupid racing shifter out this week after that ENJOY ! :burnout: :thumbs:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
Ok I'm jelious!!  You all can come and visit me!!   :patriot:    :dogpile:

Offline MoparMan440

Guys when do we pack ? Sounds like a trip North East is in order ! :driving:

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
Sounds like a great way to get your MoPar fix was being in Naperville, IL in the weekend.  :D :grinyes: :thumbs:

Your car is looking sweeeeeeet Mike.  ;)
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
I go between Chicago and Dekalb all the time, and I go right past Naperville.  The cars sitting out there... sheesh.  You guys going to the Naperville show in a few weeks?

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

• Sr. Resident
I go between Chicago and Dekalb all the time, and I go right past Naperville.  The cars sitting out there... sheesh.  You guys going to the Naperville show in a few weeks?

Ryan

You know it!!!  It should be the debut for Mike's '69 Barracuda onto its first car show after the restoration.  As for MoparMan440, I do not know what his plans are for that weekend.  :dontknow:(May 15th at Naperville h.s.) 
Devil, you should definitely come as there will be Mike's friends 1 of 1 '71 GTX export car with tons of options, not to mention the '70 FY-1 440-6 W/Air Grabber hood Roadrunner of his. :drool: :drool:
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Offline MoparMan440

I'll be at the show for sure and driving the T/A. I don't think I'll be showing it since it's not show ready. But it is a real T/A so maybe a few folks would like to see it. The car has some paint problems and I'm not sure if they'll be fixed in time. But we'll see I'm sure Mike will talk me into it either way.  :P

Btch n Blue

Gary... you'll be there if I have to pick your happy ass up at 7am!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

The B*tch will be there... sun or sun (no rain!!) :grinyes:

• Sr. Resident
Gary... you'll be there if I have to pick your happy ass up at 7am!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

Offline MoparMan440

Ok sounds like I'm in !  :thumbs: