Author Topic: Any Turbo 3G Hemi E-body build threads/links?  (Read 2668 times)

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
Any Turbo 3G Hemi E-body build threads/links?
« on: May 11, 2014 - 09:00:55 PM »
It seems like 3G Hemis tend to get superchargers or single STS turbos [LX or Ram] before front-mounts, but I was looking to see if any of you have built or come across a build thread on a one that wasn't over-the-top custom/tube chassis/racecar with a 3G turbo in an old Mopar. I am looking to put a forged [+0.020"] 5.7L into my 'Cuda along with a Viper T56, a ~76mm single turbo on pump gas would make things a little more interesting.

If anyone has any information on OEM 5.7 or SRT exhaust manifolds fitting into an e-body, that would be very helpful and make things easier to package as well.

Thanks!
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline 73restomod

Re: Any Turbo 3G Hemi E-body build threads/links?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014 - 10:20:54 PM »
I have a 5.7 at the house, but Im out working on the road till Friday. Some of the cast manifold types come straight off the back. Now, and this is a big if, if the bolt pattern is symmetrical it may be possible to swap sides pointing the exits toward the front of the motor making for easy plumbing to a single front mount turbo. I'll confirm if its possible when I get back.

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014 - 10:23:10 PM »
 :jumping:
I have a 5.7 at the house, but Im out working on the road till Friday. Some of the cast manifold types come straight off the back. Now, and this is a big if, if the bolt pattern is symmetrical it may be possible to swap sides pointing the exits toward the front of the motor making for easy plumbing to a single front mount turbo. I'll confirm if its possible when I get back.

I'd wonder how the a/c, power steering, steering box, etc would agree with that, but it'd be interesting to know if that was the case!

Any mods to the 5.7L? What trans?

Thanks!
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Offline moparman82

• MOPAR or No car
  • Resident
  • Livin' the dream
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014 - 10:13:08 AM »
I don't know about all 3G hemi's, but the hemi in my 05 ram did not have symmetrical patterns on the exhaust manifolds, the front set of holes are different between right and left
Scott in Omaha
Searching for the right 70 Cuda driver
1973 challenger in go-mango, on it's way to a 70 T/A clone SOLD
2015 crew cab Hemi ram SOLD
2019 Ram Laramie
2016 Tahoe LTZ SOLD
1976 Ramcharger 383 4spd SOLD
2016 Audi

24 mopars past and 2 present

Offline loiblcustoms1

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014 - 06:39:23 PM »
hey there... Go over to    lxforums.com   they have a section for turbos.  I am building a 70 cuda with a Schwartz chassis, airride, 6.1 hemi with a kenne bell, 4l80 trans...etc.. I have got a lot of good info from these guys hope this helps Bret