Author Topic: What kind of music do you like to listen to?  (Read 8005 times)

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
What kind of music do you like to listen to?
« on: April 19, 2005 - 04:25:59 PM »
As for me, well, right now I'm listening to Merle Haggard sing "Momma Tried", so, that should tell you what I like. ;D

EDIT:  That's classic Country music, in case you don't know.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005 - 02:52:53 AM by Ghost »

Offline Burpin Chunks

• http://mikescuda.net/cuda-challenger/burpin_chunks
Re: What kind of music do you like to listen to?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005 - 04:30:28 PM »
Burpin has always said, a true artist will appeal to everyone. So Burpin listens to it all from Rap to Classical to Opera to Heavy Metal. And Burpin likes it all. If they are good.

Offline 1973challenger360

• Resident
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005 - 04:39:18 PM »
1965 barracuda. Was 273/2 904 car had 440 360 in plans
1996 Dodge 1500 ST 5.2 Np3500 4x2 club cab short bed

2008 Veracruz AWD Limited     I pay she drives

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005 - 04:46:13 PM »
I listen to Rap/new rock/rock classics/club mixes/heavy metal.  If you notice, it's pretty much everything, minus COUNTRY (barking/howling/why my wife, dog, and tractor left me music) and that stuff that puts you to sleep. (or makes you wish you were) :grinyes: :tongue:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

mopar_guy333

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005 - 05:05:44 PM »
yeah i used to love rap kinda grew out of it and as of right now my favorite band is called ShineDown,but i like all kinds of music too

Offline OUTLAW

• MASTER OF ALL THINGS MOPAR
  • I didn't say you can't RACE--I said you can't WIN
    • MOPAR-MADNESS  WEB/FORUM
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005 - 05:06:53 PM »
actually I don't listen to much music any more as it seems like it all sux! But when I do I prefer Heavy Metal and Old Acid Rock music closely followed by Southern rock as for rap...keep the rhymes in the nursery  as for country: this says it

If you notice, it's pretty much everything, minus COUNTRY (barking/howling/why my wife, dog, and tractor left me music) and that stuff that puts you to sleep. (or makes you wish you were)

Offline 67 Cuda

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005 - 05:49:12 PM »
Classic Rock, Southern Rock, Country.
A few of my favorite bands include:
Led Zeppelin, Metallica, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Molley Hatchet, Marshall Tucker Band, Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, and many many more, but that helps give you an idea of what I mean.

That's how I USED to feel about country, but some of it is damn good.
A tiny portion sings about sad things, but almost all the country I have is about fun stuff, cars, girls, friends, partying, etc.
"The Chicks Dig It,"  "How Am I Doin'," "Hell Yeah," they're all great.  I too once felt like you guys do about country, until my girlfriend forced me to listen to it.  Opened my eyes a little and told me there is more out there than the cry baby stuff.

Rap, on the other hand, I cannot stand.  It seems the more you degrade women the better your song is.  Or, the more swear words you use, the better.

Like Trace Adkins said about why he sings country, "Becacuse they're songs about me, and who I am.  Songs about lovin' and livin' and good hearted women, family and God."  They don't use women near as much as rap or rock and have a lot cleaner lyrics.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005 - 05:52:58 PM by 67 Cuda »

Offline whitesatinmopar

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 3/30/02
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005 - 06:41:33 PM »
I by far prefer the good old rock of the mid 60's through the 70's and some (not a lot, but some) of the 80's, and some country now and then. But forget the buble gum pop (I think that is what it is referred to) and rap..............rap is CRAP, puffin and poutin and spitin, give me a break, that's not talent or music, just bad noise,lol
1969 Polara 500 vert.
1970 Charger 500
1971 Dart Swinger
1972 R/R 440+6 (wanabe)
1973 Challenger

Offline hemi71

• Resident
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005 - 07:34:22 PM »
I like what they now call "classic" rock...Led Zep, early aerosmith, southern rock...Lynrd Skynrd, Outlaws, Henry Paul Band. Progressive rock like Yes, Kansas. Also Steely Dan and Al Stewart. I also like some newer bands like Dave Matthews, Creed, and several others. Am also into cool Jazz (Ed Hamilton, Peter White).

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005 - 07:42:54 PM »
I'm into screamin' guitars!!  No country here . . . . actually I'm kinda lucky, where I live, I get about 7 good Rock n Roll stations!   :guitar:

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005 - 08:03:22 PM »
yeah i used to love rap kinda grew out of it and as of right now my favorite band is called ShineDown,but i like all kinds of music too

Hey, I have the remake to "Simple Man" by Shinedown. :grinyes:

67Cuda, I can think of quite a few rap artists who incorporate their life into their songs.  It's just a different background than what those country singers are used to.  I know Tupac, Eminem, and DMX have several songs out that talk about how they've moved from the rough times to where they're at now.  (well, except Tupac was already killed because of some angry people) :'(  Alright, I'm done comparing the two.  One thing's for sure, when you put the two together you get "CRap", hence the reason country singers should never try to rap......like that Beverly Hillbilly song put out a few years ago. :puke:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2005 - 08:44:10 PM »
Classic Rock but my favorite involves the guy to the left - AC/DC  :guitar: :grinyes: :worship: :wasted:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline 67 Cuda

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2005 - 09:12:07 PM »
whitesatinmopar and hemi71 you guys have the best list by far. :guitar: :thumbs: ;D So I think.
The new rock tends to suck.  There are only a few bands that I like.
Only 80's bands that were really any good were Guns N' Roses, Metallica, and a select few others.  Most of the hair band's stuff sounded too much alike.  Lita Ford... her voice was just annoying as hell.

Old country is wayyyyyyyy too twangy.  Southern Rock has pretty much died but modern country is really starting to evolve into Southern Rock while still maintaining that tiny bit of country background.

Offline Screwy Squirrel

• Those guys think I'm crazy.  And I am too!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2005 - 09:25:48 PM »
 :guitar: METAL!!!!  :guitar: The harder .... the better!  I draw the line at death metal...the music's good ,but I can't take the singing(grunting voice stuff).  Some PUNK is good to.

Some bands I like are....Korn, Slayer, Pantera, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Bio Hazzard, Suicidal Tendencies, Megadeth, (old) Metallica (before Cliff Burton died), Hate Breed, Sex Pistols, Black Flag, Nine Inch Nails, Marylin Manson, Ministry, ..........you get the picture.   :thumbs:  :guitar:

I'm also a sucker for female singers... Garbage, Bjork, Evenessence(spelling?)  :outtahere:

Offline Killer_Mopar

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005 - 11:15:01 PM »
I listen to Rap/new rock/rock classics/club mixes/heavy metal.  If you notice, it's pretty much everything, minus COUNTRY (barking/howling/why my wife, dog, and tractor left me music) and that stuff that puts you to sleep. (or makes you wish you were) :grinyes: :tongue:

Pretty much summed up what I listen to....everything but country....I absolutly hate country. However, Ill watch CMT sometimes on mute, just to look at the cars in the videos. My favorite music is classic rock and oldies with Led Zeppelin being my favorite band, followed by the beatles, lynyrd skynyrd, the eagles, aerosmith, CCR, BOC, and other famous classic rock/oldies bands(the list is too long). Heh, come to think of it, I also like to listen to salsa and merengue, but I think thats the puerto rican in me........I think I'm the weirdest 19 year old puerto rican alive....dont know any other puerto ricans my age that are into anything other than rice and rap.....
70 Challenger R/T SE - The never-ending project........