Author Topic: 572 engine build  (Read 14011 times)

Offline Gumby

Re: 572 engine build
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2015 - 09:58:15 PM »
Looks like very nice high quality work! I just can't imagine anything like that.
It would be nice to have a knoweldgable person like you around my nape of the neck, as Chevy Chase would say. (and the money to pay for the expertise) lol.
Take care, Al.
Just curious, how much less does an aluminum engine weigh to a cast iron? I realize that you can't get numbers like this from a cast block, just curious?
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2015 - 10:47:21 PM »
Total block weight is 133 lbs   bare and ready to build.. I buy light and strong parts.  Not a lot of people here will spend 1800 bucks for a 500 gram 4.6 inch pistone either.  When I die ( which seems to be coming sooner than later)  someone will be getting a lot of very fun items and toys to play with.   I usually build my engines very late at night, without anyone or anything around to disturb me , distract me, or kick up dust.

I really dont have the talk tech know how . My friend Neil does.  Some how, I just build them is all.  The first part of my builds always start with research.  45 yrs of playing with mopars helps to.  We are the under dog you know.

My next engine build was going to be a predator, I was going to start with it last month.  But I got to sick to wanna start now.  This engine will be a great bracket runner for me.   I'd like to see someone like Hemiken or Neil get this car some day.  I think they would enjoy it and see how and what I do to my engines. Some here questioned me about using a lathe in the procedure of balancing this engine.  Well it worked out very well. I am not saying that it is easy and is very time consuming pulling it on and off the lathe, but the results were good, and I new in my mind it could be done. I had only heard about this once.    Sorry about any errors in my spelling, I have trouble with words now

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2015 - 12:01:24 AM »
Not a lot of people here will spend 1800 bucks for a 500 gram 4.6 inch piston

Those pistons are a work of art!  My next engine is going to have some like that!  I was really impressed with the gas ports concept!

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2015 - 12:15:43 AM »
Gas porting has been around a while, your next engine will have it most probably.  You will get tired of where your at hp level wise.  Eventually everyone does

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2015 - 05:21:40 AM »
Sounds like it is awesome

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2015 - 01:32:32 AM »
Alan,

How is the Dart engine coming along?  You got it broke in yet?

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2015 - 07:47:55 PM »
Don, they took my driverse licenes away for epoleptic seizures. Said I can not drive anything that may cause harm to myself or others for 6 months.  The car is more than ready though

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2015 - 08:12:45 PM »
Don, they took my driverse licenes away for epoleptic seizures. Said I can not drive anything that may cause harm to myself or others for 6 months.  The car is more than ready though
Damn Al, I'm sure the wife will understand if you hire a young lady to drive you around.
Have to be able to get to the store and back... :bigsmile:
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2015 - 10:19:47 PM »
Can you track the ride without a license? 
At least on a track there isn't anyone in front of you to hurt.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2015 - 06:07:29 PM »
Nope Josh, they said anything that jepordises me or someone else.  I got till sept 18.   Car is ready like now. I may have a driver for tomorrow, we will see